To that end, I now set forth realistic goals, and a plan, that will get me to where I want to be.
- Phase 1: 205 pounds, 36" waist (by end of September)
- Phase 2: 199 pounds, 35" waist (by end of October)
- Phase 3: 189 pounds, 34" waist (by end of December)
- Phase 4: 180 pounds, 33" waist (by the Cherry Blossom Run -- i.e. early April)
- More energy throughout the day, and quick sleeping at night.
- Have the confidence that comes with looking and feeling great.
PLAN OF ACTION
- Make time to exercise at least three times a week. Heavy weights. On extra days, throw in cardio (riding bike to work would count).
- Never let myself be in an unexpected eating situation where cravings might take over.
- Healthy pattern of fruit and a protein for breakfast (peanut butter counts); big lunch (but try to cut back on the Dew); light dinner (but never skip dinner -- at least have soup or protein).
- Don't go crazy with food on weekends just because you "can." Eat what you want on weekends but only if you REALLY want it. (You know this, Matt. You've been here before.)