Thursday, December 27, 2018

I ran for 20 minutes without stopping!!!

I had been doing semi-regular track workouts with friends, easy jog/walks -- jog 3 minutes, walk 1, repeat 4... repeat 5... repeat 6... then up to 4/1... 5/2... 5/1...

This morning, instead of doing the intervals, I just decided, Ah the hell with it, let's see how far I can go?

Before I knew it, 10 minutes had passed! Then 12! 15! 18!

TWO MORE MINUTES I CAN DO THIS COME ON SCHWARTZ

And I did it! 20 minutes, at an average pace of 12 minutes per mile (including a fair number of neighborhood hills).

This is the first time in YEARS I have run 20 minutes without stopping. I'm going to have to check the archives, but I'd guess you have to go back 10 years to find a similar triumph.

And THEN at work, instead of mid-day chips, I had a major craving for broccoli. So I went to the cafeteria and got broccoli.

Onward! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment


http://physicsdiet.com/chart.ashx?t=weightloss&s=2011-10-31&u=ztrawhcs