Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Feelin' good
Okay, so I went to the gym tonight and did chest/triceps/shoulders. I didn't have a lot of time, so I worked my chest most, followed by the latter two. I did pretty well on dumbbell bench press, doing:

12 reps at 15 pounds each (warm-up)
10 reps at 25 pounds each
8 reps at 35 pounds each
6 reps at 50 pounds each
12 reps at 35 pounds each

That really taxed me out... I could barely get the last rep in... then I tried to do 12 dumbbell flyes at 20 lbs each but found myself dead after 3 reps. I switched down to 15 lbs and was able to get up to 12 total.

You know, it's funny -- when I was putting together the "About Me" section of the web page, I came to the "Hobbies" line and thought to myself, what do I like to do with my free time? Besides vegging out in front of the computer, that is... And I put down "reading" "writing" and "working out."

I wasn't so sure about working out -- could I consider it a hobby? Am I that into it? Well, I realize that I AM into it. A few years ago I was this dork who had hardly set foot into a gym in his life and disdained all things physical... and now I actually enjoy it. And when I'm on, I really get into it! I've read all about exercises and proper form and nutrition and all that -- I probably know more than 4 out of 5 people about that stuff now. I try to get enough protein and I drink lots of water daily and at the gym I wear tank tops and I even grunt on the heavy sets!

I also cut my hair kinda short and am growing a pseudo-goatee, so with the tank top on I actually look somewhat rough and mean, which is neat because I am in reality smooth and nice.

Anyway, enough workout-talk tonight. I am going to *try* to get up in less than 5 hours and do some cardio. I highly doubt I'll make it out of my bed, but at least I will try. Oh yeah, that's the thing... lifting is tons of fun; cardio can be kind of a drag. Cardio's much more fun when it's part of a game like basketball... just sitting there pedaling in place can be tedious and hard. But that's what I have to do to melt the fat. So that's what I'll do (no use having muscles if they're buried under a layer of flab).

No comments:

Post a Comment


http://physicsdiet.com/chart.ashx?t=weightloss&s=2011-10-31&u=ztrawhcs