Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Wow, I made it

This morning when my alarm clock buzzer drilled into my peaceful slumber, I turned it off. And instead of falling back into unconsciousness, I sat up, eyes 95 percent closed, mind even more asleep. But that tiny fraction of my mind that was awake posed a challenge to the sleeping Me: Get up now and go to the gym, or give up your dreams of getting in really good shape.

Exhausted as I was, I knew the sliver of conscious brain was correct. Had I plopped back down in bed and pulled the covers up, I would have realized that my fatigue is greater than my willpower, and I might as well have stopped striving to better myself right then and there.

But I did get up, and I went to the gym, and I exercised. And I feel better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


http://physicsdiet.com/chart.ashx?t=weightloss&s=2011-10-31&u=ztrawhcs