Thursday, March 13, 2003

Oh well.
Okay, I didn't make it this morning. But I did get 9 hours of sleep and I'm feeling much better. :-)

Interesting article in the Wall Street Journal today: It seems heavy lifting may cause your blood pressure to get so high that you either have a stroke or an aneurism or your brain explodes or something. Some recommend superslow lifting as a solution; others say that's even worse. In any case, they say you shouldn't lift more than half your body weight, which effectively cancels out any heavy bench pressing -- I can only dumbbell press 100 or 120, max, but even that is supposedly "too much."

I'll look into this further, but I think as long as you use common sense and don't kill yourself on every set, you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment


http://physicsdiet.com/chart.ashx?t=weightloss&s=2011-10-31&u=ztrawhcs