Monday, September 20, 2004

Slowly coming along, but not without hitches

My number one hitch is a lack of time. I have realized that I will be able to exercise regularly (what with the gym right next door!), but I will likely not be able to give it almost an hour a day, complete with six meals a day.

I simply have too much going on right now. But fitness shall not fall by the wayside! Over the past two days, I have spent approximately 100 minutes on the exercise bike. I find it easy to get on the bike, keep my heart rate around 135-155 for many many minutes, and read while I'm doing it. The only problem I have found thus far is that an hour of exercise really energizes me! This is bad when I do it at night, because my evening goes like this:

9-10 -- On the bike
10-11 -- Tired, relaxed
11-2 -- WIRED

As you can see, this is a problem if i want to get to bed at a reasonable hour. The solutions are twofold:

  1. Exercise earlier, i.e. at from 6-7 p.m., and then be wired until about 11 p.m., at which point I can go to bed. This may be a good option, because I would be energetic and focused from approximately 8-11, which is prime homework time; or
  2. Exercise in the morning, i.e. from 7-8 a.m, and then be wired from 9 a.m. to noon. This might be good in that it would jumpstart my day and give me more energy during class, but it would definitely be hard to implement such a plan: I Love Sleeping In.

I am sure I will figure it out.

In summation, I am continuing to exercise, and continuing to eat in a relatively healthy manner. The Myoplex shakes are still a staple of my diet, and I try to limit unnecessary fat. I just don't think I can hit BFL as hard as I would like.

It's all about priorities, and these days exercise falls just slightly below school.

No comments:

Post a Comment


http://physicsdiet.com/chart.ashx?t=weightloss&s=2011-10-31&u=ztrawhcs