Tuesday, February 11, 2003


Challenge 2, Week 1, Day 2
"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."
-August Wilson


I never knew how soundly I could sleep until my alarm pierced my unconsciousness at 7 a.m. I immediately realized how tired I had been, and how heavy my body felt. I was not ready to get up. I snoozed until after 8, and was still able to get in a good cardio workout at the gym. It wasn't as long as I had planned -- slightly less than 15 minutes -- but it did get pretty intense. I would have gone longer, but it appears I pushed myself just a bit too hard on Saturday (Day 0) during my pre-Challenge run. After a couple minutes at 7 mph this morning, my legs simply did not want to run anymore. And since I am not too keen on the idea of overtraining this early in the Challenge, I cut my losses and hit the showers.

I'm sore, and I know I'll be even more sore once tomorrow rolls around. Soreness is good, though. And since I exercised in the morning, I have all evening to relax. :-)

Today's Meals
  • Bagel
  • Turkey sandwich on whole wheat
  • Turkey sandwich on whole wheat
  • Apple, a few peanuts
  • Grilled chicken with wild rice
  • Turkey sandwich on crackers


No comments:

Post a Comment


http://physicsdiet.com/chart.ashx?t=weightloss&s=2011-10-31&u=ztrawhcs