Friday, February 14, 2003


Challenge 2, Week 1, Day 5
"Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing." -Thomas A. Edison

I got back late from Ann Arbor last night, and didn't have a chance to make my meals for today. This morning I overslept and didn't have a chance to go to the gym. Now I have to decide between going to the gym tonight, or driving back to Ann Arbor to see Daredevil.

Well, I definitely don't want to screw up in my first week... we shall see.

***
Update: Elizabeth made me take her to Bangkok Express for lunch... meaning I had a bit of Thai food... I asked for my Pad Thai with light oil, but who know what goes on back there. Anyway, there wasn't dripping cheese or cream or anything so it can't be that bad for me. It did have a portion of protein and one of carbs, though... probably two of carbs.

Here's something that may be of note: After the waiter brought the Pad Thai and I had a couple of bites, a slight wave of nausea hit me. It wasn't too bad, and it subsided in a minute or two, but I'm inclined to think it's the oil/grease in the Pad Thai that brought it on. Maybe my body is realizing that oil and grease isn't as appetizing as it used to be? I remember at the end of my first Challenge, I couldn't stand even the thought of greasy food. The thought of a big greasy hamburger would make me sick. Maybe today's nausea was the beginning of that state of mind's return...

Or maybe the oil was just rancid.

***
It's now 6:30 p.m. and I'm trying to find the energy to go to the gym. I didn't have a lot of sleep last night, and my energy is all off due to not eating enough today. Plus, it's Valentine's Day and I am once again left home alone. I can see how that fact would increase my motivation to go to the gym -- somewhat questionable rationale: if I get really studly, no more Valentine's Days at home -- but frankly all it makes me want to do is lay on the couch with a box of donuts.

Today's Meals
  • A few Combos
  • Chicken, noodles, rice
  • Mountain Dew
  • Chicken, noodles (Thai leftovers), grapes
  • Protein drink (2 servings), cinnamon apple sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment


http://physicsdiet.com/chart.ashx?t=weightloss&s=2011-10-31&u=ztrawhcs